Pandemic be damned, you’re ready to buy a home.
Maybe you’ve been preparing for months to get to this point. You have your down payment ready, your loan has been pre-approved and you feel ready to start looking for a new home. If now is the right time to finally escape renting an apartment or move to a more appropriate home for you and your family, we would be happy to help you understand your options and help you move forward.
We know you may have a lot of questions and concerns before looking at homes during this time. We are happy to offer personal guidance and suggestions on how to proceed to achieve your goal of home ownership.
While the COVID-19 virus has changed some of the parameters of home buying, you can still achieve your goal. Due to great improvements in technology, you can get an up-close and personal view of homes that interest you and conversely, not waste time on those that don’t fit your criteria.
Thankfully, through the use of virtual tours, FaceTime, and the ability to browse through homes online, you can get a good idea of what’s available on the market. Whether you are a first time home buyer or a seasoned real estate investor, you will be able to access the information you need and possibly streamline the process to find your desired home.
Usaj Realty managing broker Jenny Usaj offers a bit of guidance during this time.
“This pandemic has altered our lives in so many respects,” she said. “For some, buying a home is the last thing on their minds. But for others who have been planning for this moment, or for those who have to buy due to factors outside their control, the time is now. Spring, and namely April, is historically one of the busiest times of the year for Denver real estate. And COVID-19 has already had its effect with a monumental 761 homes getting pulled off the market in late March.
“It’s impossible to predict what is going to happen to the Denver real estate market tomorrow much less next month. Regardless, if you need to start looking for a new home and are willing to maneuver creatively in these unprecedented times, we would be happy to assist you.”
Here’s what you can expect when looking to buy a home this spring:
- Virtually “meet” with your Usaj Broker for an initial virtual buyer presentation.
- Virtually meet with your lender and get pre-approved.
- Take virtual tours and browse homes online.
- Effective April 8, in-person home showings are no longer allowed. Check with your Usaj Realty broker to learn the latest guidelines.
- If the seller approves, your Usaj Broker may be able to perform a FaceTime tour of the property for you, while practicing social distancing and CDC guidelines.
- Depending on the situation, buyers may be able to view the home in-person for an inspection after going under contract.
- Sign all documents and payments electronically.
- FaceTime inspections may still be allowed. Check with your Usaj Realty broker for the latest information.
- Virtual mail-out closings or curbside closing (a temporary exemption due to COVID).
Your Usaj broker will work tirelessly to help you feel well informed during these unprecedented times. Available via virtual meeting, text, call and email, Usaj Realty is here to serve you safely and thoroughly. If you have any questions about the buying process, please feel free to reach us at 720.398.2999 or by emailing email@example.com