Tucked away in the majestic Colorado Rockies, Vail is a scenic slice of alpine-inspired paradise. Since 1966 it has been drawing visitors near and far seeking an unforgettable winter getaway or summer escape! Here are 5 fun facts about Vail you maybe didn’t know!
- Vail has more than 5,200 acres of terrain and trails for all levels, there’s something for everyone!
- If you’re an intermediate or advanced skier, prepare yourself for a powdery paradise! Perched atop a tree line with breathtaking views and 3,000 acres of wide-open terrain spread across seven bowls to explore – pure snow heaven.
- Vail is a multi-seasonal paradise! Whether you’re looking to be one with nature in the summer months by taking guided hikes, or finding your inner cowboy while horseback riding through picturesque mountains – Vail has something for everyone. Not only that but the town also features unique cultural and culinary offerings, offering music venues, a dance festival and delectable restaurants all year round.
- Vail is an alpine paradise with a twinkle of small town charm! Boasting over 10,000 people – half residents and the other holding second homes – Vail offers all the perks of resort life plus that cozy community vibe.
- Vail’s outdoor amphitheater is fittingly named after Vail’s most distinguished resident, the 38th President of The United States- Gerald R. Ford! It stands as a tribute to his many accomplishments and is guaranteed to be an eventful experience for all who visit it.